Having to deal with a Probate application during what is already a difficult, and often emotional, time can be a real challenge. At JD Law, we endeavor to make this experience as stress-free and painless as possible, by guiding you through the process every step of the way.
Our Commitment to You …
As your Probate lawyers, our commitment to you is to provide the legal Probate services you need in a quick and affordable way, including the following services:
- Review the Will and other relevant circumstances to determine whether Probate is necessary.
- Advise you on all issues connected with the administration of the Estate.
- If a Probate application is needed, prepare the formal application to the Court of Queen’s Bench (Surrogate) to have you appointed as the Personal Representative for the Estate, and to have you obtain the grant of Probate or Administration.
- Guide you in distributing the assets of the deceased’s estate to the beneficiaries.
- Prepare releases for the beneficiaries to sign, signifying that the administration of the estate is complete.
The Law Society of Alberta has prepared suggested fee guidelines for Probate lawyers in the execution of core Probate legal services. These guidelines suggest a base fee, plus a percentage based on the value of the estate.
We don’t follow these guidelines – which generally can save our clients a good deal of money in legal fees. Since larger estates can be fairly straight-forward, and smaller estates can in fact be complex, we prefer to base our fees on how much work is involved – which we always quote for you prior to commencing any service. As a result, our fees are generally less – and sometimes significantly less – than the Law Society’s guidelines.
Probate Services Anywhere in Alberta
We can act as your Probate lawyer no matter where in Alberta you live, and we can also re-seal a grant of Probate in Alberta (if you’re an executor living outside the province, but the deceased owned property in Alberta).
Please feel free to contact us today to schedule an appointment, by phone or in person, and we can discuss your particular situation. We’ll let you know what our estimated fees will be, based on the information you provide at that time. We’ll also tell you frankly if we don’t think you need to Probate the Estate.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions that aren’t answered on our site, or to schedule an appointment. We’re always happy to chat with you about any of your legal needs.
- Phone: (587) 272-2050
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org